I am at O’Hare waiting for my flight to San Diego writing today’s blog. All my gear and stuff just about fit in my bag and it weighed 34 pounds. I have attached a nice map showing all the statistics for the ride. Speaking of statistics I listed how this ride across America (RAM) compares to the Tour de France(TDF).
- The TDF is 23 days with 2 rest days and RAM is 27 days with no rest days.
- The TDF is 2,280 miles or 99 miles per day and RAM is 2902 miles or 108 miles per day.
- The TDF has 69,307′ of elevation gain or 3,013′ per day and the RAM has 102,200′ of elevation gain or 3,785′ per day.
- The TDF had a max daily distance of 138 miles and RAM has 156 miles.
- The TDF has a max day climb of 13,780′ where the RAM has 8,600′.
- The TDF had a max temperature of 90 degrees and RAM is expecting a max temperature of 108 degrees.
- The TDF had an average speed of 25.5mph where I am hoping for 16mph.
I hope you enjoyed these stats. I am hoping for smooths roads and lots of tailwinds.
Check back tomorrow I hope to post lots of pictures of tomorrow’s ride.